The developers of TinyMCE brings you Plupload, a highly usable upload handler for your Content Management Systems or similar. Plupload is currently separated into a Core API and a jQuery upload queue widget this enables you to either use it out of the box or write your own custom implementation.
This table shows the availability of the different features in each available runtime.
|Feature||Flash||Gears||HTML 5||Silverlight||BrowserPlus||HTML 4|
|File size restriction|
- Chunking is properly supported in Chrome. On most part in Firefox 4+.
- Drag/drop support of files is currently only available in Firefox and WebKit. Safari on Windows has some strange problems and requires workaround.
- Image resizing is only possible on Firefox 3.5+ (with fixed quality) and Chrome. Safari/Opera doesn't support direct data access to the selected files.
- File type filtering is currently not supported by all browsers. But we fill the HTML 5 accept attribute so once the support is there it will work.
- Multipart upload is only supported in Gecko and WebKit.
News from our Blog about Plupload.
Plupload 1.5.7 (bugfix release)
Wed 10/4 2013 20:00
HTML5: Workaround for squish problem in iOS6, when uploading resized images.
HTML5: Fix failing workaround for FormData+Blob bug on Android...
HTML5: Allow multiple uploads on iOS.
Include VB build script that doesn't depend on Ant and is said to be native to Windows.
Tue 19/3 2013 10:21
Forum user prune again
Fri 15/3 2013 13:43
If your account is gone, register again. Sorry for inconvenience. [...]