Topic: Plupload 1.5.3

Plupload in IE10

It would have been probably great if I could say that we worked hard to make it work there (well we did, but it wasn't specifically for IE10), spent hours debugging stuff on just another damned IE, etc, etc... But the reality turned out to be more wonderful and miraculous then the wildest dreams - actually we lost more time installing Windows 8 Consumer Preview (does anyone know why Microsoft makes people install OS to try browser?). So... Plupload just works in IE10.

Fix random freeze in Chrome

For some unknown reason (ideas are still welcome) Flash runtime has started to randomly hang specifically in Chrome. No other browser had any such problem. Now you probably know that Chrome comes bundled with it's own version of Flash Player, so it was pretty logical to assume that this was a place where monkeys were juggling bananas. Now we have a workaround in there.

Even more translations

With 1.5.3 we are adding six more languages: Estonian, Polish, Korean, French-Canadian, Greek, Persian/Farsi (that makes 23 (!) in conjunction).

HTML5: Check if xhr object is initialized, before calling abort() on it.
HTML4: Postpone form removal until uploaders state changes, to avoid error on resuming stopped uploads.
BrowserPlus: Fix mechanical typo, that caused error during mime type check.
BrowserPlus: browserPlus.Uploader.Cancel() has two required parameters, dies with the error if not passed.
Flash: Improve runtime's behaviour during upload cancellation.
Flash: Survive the case when GPSVersionID contains unexpected value.
Flash: Fix random freeze in Chrome's bundled Flash Player.
Flash: Avoid the silent break when URLStream not yet open, but close is called on it.
Flash: Move Destroy handler out of Flash:Init handler, since it might be called not only after Flash:Init but also before it.
Flash: Avoid warning during build with mxmlc.
Try removeEventListener first in IE and only if it fails - detachEvent.
Fix plupload.getPos to return proper value in IE8+.
Do not initiate plupload.STARTED state, if file queue is empty.
Additional language packs: Estonian, Polish, Korean, French-Canadian, Greek, Persian/Farsi.
If you want to see your issue fixed, do not report it here, do it on - GitHub.

Re: Plupload 1.5.3

Could someone clarify whether or not plupload 1.5.3 is required for IE10 drag and drop or does 1.5.2 also "just work" with IE10.

Thanks.

There was no update in Drag'and'Drop functionality. So 1.5.3 is no different in this sense from 1.5.2. But there were other crucial updates.

Does IE10 have any issues?

4 (edited by Mysticeti 2012-12-07 20:12:34)

I'm seeing a problem where the browser (IE10) is accepting the drop, not plupload.  So the browser attempts to display the file (or launch the app associated with the type of file that was dropped).

What I'm seeing sounds similar to the issue that was hit here: http://www.plupload.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=925
However, that was Firefox, not IE, and specifying just the drop_element didn't help.

I'm having trouble with IE10. It seems like drag and drop is not working well. At first try, the drag and drop area lights up but the file is not listed. Other tries immediately after, nothing happens. If you close the dialog and open it up again, then starts working, only if you tried and failed in the first try. Thoughts? Thanks.

I am using plupload files Net WebAPI. Its work is very fine. Sometimes when I connect website uploading a file causes an error. Just looking at the response and request headers everything looks ok. More suggestions shared by me.

@Alizey, check "Flash runtime does not write an extra CR/LF to end of the multipart request", sounds related.