Topic: Plupload unable to upload transparent PNGs properly?

Hey guys,

I noticed that uploading a PNG with a transparent background results in a PNG image with a black background instead.

Does Plupload support transparent PNGs and GIFs? If so, how do I enable this? I tried searching this forum, the Plupload site and Google for hints on this but couldn't really find anything.

Here are my current Plupload settings.

runtimes : 'flash,html5,silverlight',
urlstream_upload: true,
multi_selection: false,
browse_button : imageSelectPrimary,
max_file_size : '10mb',
url : imageUploadUrl,
resize : {width : imageuploader_default_width, height : imageuploader_default_height, quality : imageuploader_default_quality},
flash_swf_url : '/js/ver2/core/shared-plugins/plupload/plupload.flash.swf',
silverlight_xap_url : '/js/ver2/core/shared-plugins/plupload/plupload.silverlight.xap',
filters : [ {title : "Image files", extensions : "jpg,gif,png,jpeg"} ],
multipart_params : {}

To the plugin creators - thank you so much for such an awesome image uploader plugin that allows me to resize images client-side. (:

And thanks in advance for your help! (:

Re: Plupload unable to upload transparent PNGs properly?

To my knowing only Silverlight runtime was susceptible to this, because of the way they handle stream data in their WriteableBitmaps. The only workaround I see for this would be to do this manually... Time-consuming and painful, so I didn't put this on my priority list until now.

Do you encounter this in other runtimes as well? Try our Plupload 2 beta (Silverlight still out of the game at the moment, but other runtimes definitely respect transparency).

If you want to see your issue fixed, do not report it here, do it on - GitHub.

Students are taught the basics of life support and are trained to work through a SOAP (Subjective Objective Assessment Plan) note in their heads while assessing situations. SOAP notes are a documentation method used by pre-hospital urgent care workers such as EMT's to classify victims injuries and describe their current condition. Courses also cover leadership and team-building exercises in harsh environments. The United States Coast Guard acknowledges WFR certification and some colleges even accept credit for the course.

Hey @davit, thanks for your reply!

I am currently using Plupload 1.5.6. I tried the 2.0 beta version but I am still getting the black background when I upload a transparent .PNG.

Getting this on both Flash and HTML 5 runtimes.

Any advice will be appreciated! (: Thanks in advance.

Share the typical problematic png please. Could you upload it somewhere?

Hey @Davit,

You may retrieve the PNG I was using here: http://brendalogy.net/temp/b_echelon_conqueror.png

Thanks!

2.0 had a glitch whilst showing thumbnails, but got fixed in latest build. But uploaded file looks ok here in both 1.5.7 and 2.0. Maybe in your case it is falling back to silverlight for some reason?