Topic: Quick Start Tutorial not saving.

I tried to run the Quick Start Tutorial and it is not saving the upload file to the uploads dir.

I am using a server with ubuntu, apache, php 5. The uploads dir is set to 777. The upload_max_filesize is set to 5M.
The files I have been trying to upload are under 3M.

Would you give me a idea what is wrong.

Re: Quick Start Tutorial not saving.

Have you properly set $targetDir in upload.php? By properly I mean - is it set to the directory where you expect files to be uploaded?

If you want to see your issue fixed, do not report it here, do it on - GitHub.

I got that to work.

Do you have a version that does not use flash?

@jweddell, I think you didn't caught the main point of whole thing. Plupload has several runtimes (html5, flash, silverlight, html4). If you specify all of them, it will try them one by one, until all requirements for the upload operation are met, then it will stop and use that runtime for the upload.

Obviously you can't have html5 in let's say IE9-, therefore if you got flash runtime in the list following html5, Plupload will fallback to flash. Etc.

In addition to Quick Start, be sure to check an example here.

Where is the quick start tutorial. I've installed everything and only get messages that I don't have flash, silverlight, etc and that my browser (both FF and Chrome) do not support HTML5 ... yet I have all these things and have tried with the latest FireFox to ensure HTML5.

Here: http://plupload.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=787

Hi,
I have try to follow step by step your tutorials but no image appears in uploads/ folders that you say to create also in example the folder have permission 777
on target directory is write:
$targetDir = ini_get("upload_tmp_dir") . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . "plupload";
I don't what exactly say but I think is correct because in the comment below is write:
//$targetDir = 'uploads';
What wrong?
Thanks

Comment this one:

$targetDir = ini_get("upload_tmp_dir") . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . "plupload";

and uncomment this:

$targetDir = 'uploads';