Re: Plupload 2 Beta

master branch is current Plupload 2. I removed 2.x branch now since it is already merged into the master.

If you want to see your issue fixed, do not report it here, do it on - GitHub.

@davit: can u please update plupload2 download link with newest compiled from github commits ?

thank  you

Did that. Also I've added a workaround for Android browsers. You are welcome to try.

Thanks Davit

How far off do you think is the release version of Plupload 2?
Thanks

FYI in the build 24021542 (as well as in the 22021333) while using the plupload.full.min.js Safari throws "Cannot declare a parameter named 'a'  in strict mode" exception, which is reproducible by simply launching the custom.html demo file.

kavalczuk wrote:

FYI in the build 24021542 (as well as in the 22021333) while using the plupload.full.min.js Safari throws "Cannot declare a parameter named 'a'  in strict mode" exception, which is reproducible by simply launching the custom.html demo file.

Yes I am experienced this too

Turned out to be a minification glitch, when function and argument where replaced by the variable with same name... neutral Changed it a bit to avoid the problem and updated the build. Tnx for repeatedly reporting this back!

Thank you @davit 'a' problem is fixed now

Has something been changed with the runtime version and features list now there are less runtimes included in Plupload 2?

Basically this code from the events example.

preinit : {
    Init: function(up, info) {
    log('[Init]', 'Info:', info, 'Features:', up.features);
    },
...etc

Should show something like this:

[Init] Info: runtime=html5 Features: html5=true, dragdrop=true,
 jpgresize=true, pngresize=true, multipart=true, canSendBinary=true,
 cantSendBlobInFormData=false, progress=true, chunks=true,
 multi_selection=true

But I'm getting only this in my log:

[Init] Info: runtime=Generic Features:

I'm just trying to show which runtime it is currently using, but 'Generic' is not exactly html5 or flash, and it's odd it doesn't list any of the available features either. (Using plupload_2_0a.02031151 which I downloaded last night.)

Other than this missing bit it's all running beautifully so far, even the prevent_duplicates setting which I didn't see on the documentation page. Probably added in Plupload 2?  It accepts duplicate filenames that are still different images, which is great (as long as you're using unique_names as well I suppose). I was using an old version of swfupload before, but this is so much better. smile

What happened is that Plupload 2 is not binded to any specific runtime and may theoretically use different runtime for different operation. We do not currently actively use it, but it is how the core now operates. We've left runtime descriptor as "Generic" for backward compatibility, since quite some scripts use it without checking if it's there or not.

Suggestions are of course welcome.

I've implemented with no problems previous version, but having some issues on this beta, which is on the other hand much more interesting.

1st- Crashes on Safari. Shows the drag & drop message, but doesn't work. If you use the button, then you can load one file, but hangs showing the loader, and then a pop-up message: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library / Runtime error! / and etc. / Then browser is closed.

2nd-  Error in Explorer 9 / Message "Your browser doesn't have Flash, Silverlight or HTML5 support", although this is not true, and same browser works fine with the previous version.

As I need the thumbnails previous to upload, I'd prefer to implement this new beta instead of the old version. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Just adding some extra info to my previous post:

1- Safari: I can start it and keep it open for a while if I press button "List before adding any file. Than, I'm able to add one file (and only one by one) and even upload it. But after a while it crashes with same message.

2- IE9: Sometimes, it shows the form and freezes. Then anly the message "Your browser doesn't have Flash, Silverlight or HTML5 support", even with drag-drop commented.

My testing pages:

The original files with no changes:
http://www.multiventa.com/plupload2/examples/jquery/JQUERY_ui_widgetORIGINAL.html

The originbal files with few small changes on 'JQUERY_ui_widget.html' only.
http://www.multiventa.com/plupload2/examples/jquery/JQUERY_ui_widget.html

Any help and/or ideas are really welcome!

davit wrote:

What happened is that Plupload 2 is not binded to any specific runtime and may theoretically use different runtime for different operation. We do not currently actively use it, but it is how the core now operates. We've left runtime descriptor as "Generic" for backward compatibility, since quite some scripts use it without checking if it's there or not.

Ah, okay, then I will not even show which runtime it's using. But will it still listen to the preference settings you've set up or has this changed as well? I mean the runtimes you've chosen to use and in what order they are in? runtimes : 'html5,flash' for example.

It's just that while flash is accepted in the browser, it's causing some problems with our old uploadscript sometimes. This is why I've started converting everything to use plupload with its html5 support. I'd like to keep flash(and perhaps other runtimes) as a back-up for those who don't experience problems with flash but have html5 as preference.

As suggestion: it might still be useful to display which runtime is being used, if only for error reporting. If something doesn't work, I'd like to have the option of asking people to tell me what error it is giving and which runtime is displayed. Though alternatively this could be included within the error I guess, or being able to switch to some kind of debug-mode.

65 (edited by Windwalker 2013-03-27 12:54:25)

@davit:
Could you please update plupload2 download link with newest compiled from github commits?

I am currently experiencing a strange behaviour with Plupload2 that might have been fixed just 4 days ago (https://github.com/moxiecode/plupload/issues/747).

Thanks,
Sascha.

@Windwalker, updated the build.

Hi, is there a roadmap available for plupload2?
How stable/tested is the current github version?

Thanks,
Kaspars.

Plupload2 is quite stable. Although unit tests are the only real thing that keeps us from marking it as stable. Currently there are 364 unit tests and counting.

Excellent improvement...

Will there be a JQuery version of this V2 ?

What you mean jQuery version? Existing jQuery widgets work just fine with Plupload 2.

current download file size is smaller than previous 700K, now 300K ?

But everything in there anyway? We've switched compression module to our own, I guess it's better than the other one.

Be sure to re-download the nightly with some last second fixes.

yes everything is there ... great

Hello, I have following questions:

1) When is the estimated date for commercial plupload2 release (the version which will support simultaneous uploading)?
2) Will the licence for plupload be still valid for plupload2?
3) When I buy plupload licence can I use plupload2 beta for commercial purposes immediately?

Thanks very much for adavnce, regards

Jan.

I'm mostly busy with secondary tasks, like cleaning up, commenting, testing and documenting. It should happen before the end of june I'd say. Simultaneous uploads are scheduled for next minor release, they won't be present in 2.0.