Topic: Plupload 1.5.1

Fix Flash runtime embedding problem in IE

There was number of reports that Flash runtime failed to initialize in some IE9s and while we couldn't repeat this ourselves, we've approached it very seriously... wink 

UploadComplete now fires when Upload is Complete

One of long-living inconsistencies was that UploadComplete was firing before last StateChanged event, and that caused lots of logical confusions. Now UploadComplete is the last event in the row.

HTML4: Add support for server responses in HTML format.
HTML5: Disable multiple file selection in Safari 5.x for Windows (see #363).
HTML5: Gecko 2/5/6 should upload chunks as binary strings when in chunking mode and client side resize is requested.
Flash: Enforce URLStream mode when custom headers are passed.
Flash: Fix embedding problems in IE9 (and all other IEs).
Flash/Gears/BrowserPlus/SilverLight: Expose multi_selection feature, to be used in required_features (mainly to overcome Safari for Windows problem).
SilverLight: Properly handle custom and null headers.
UploadComplete moved to fire after the last StateChanged event.
Additional language packs: Finnish.

If you want to see your issue fixed, do not report it here, do it on - GitHub.

Re: Plupload 1.5.1

Hey Davit,
I'm pumped to hear about large file uploads in HTML5.  I'm going to update my site soon. Is multiple file selection still broken in Safari?

Thanks,
Joe

Oh, nevermind. I see that it is.  Bummer

Safari on Windows...

Excellent job davit!  Looks like this version fixes this post: http://www.plupload.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?id=1138

Thanks for your hard work! smile
noop

@noop wink

Hi all,

plupload is a great tool, thanks a lot for providing it!

I recently upgraded to version 1.5.1 (from 1.4.2), and it worked very well in my default browser, Chrome 14. But some of my users have reported corrupted files when using Firefox 3.6 to 6, when HTML5 is enabled. Firefox 7 works fine.

I could not find the real problem, but suspect an encoding issue. The server is running on ASP.Net 4, and when I use StreamReader and StreamWriter in UTF8 mode (as per the Request.CurrentEncoding), the uploaded file is twice the size of the original. When using default encoding, the sizes are close (but not identical) and I can see some characters being different between a file uploaded using Chrome and the same uploaded with Firefox 3.6.

In the meantime, I have enabled the Flash uploader to everyone to work around this issue (I didn't have it with version 1.4.2 but this version was not running properly on Chrome 14, the upload button was inactive).

Am I the only one to have this issue? Or do I do something wrong on the server side. The server code worked fine for months until I upgraded to 1.5.1. I use chunking (128kb).

Thanks a lot for any feedback, and keep up the very good work.
Cheers
fred

I've logged an issue on github that I think describes the same problem you are seeing:

https://github.com/moxiecode/plupload/issues/399

@FMauroy,

Firefox 3.6 to 6

Can you confirm that you are having the problem on Firefox 6 (or 4 or 5) as well?

@davit,

I personally experienced the problem with Firefox 6. After upgrading to Firefox 7, it worked fine again.

My users have reported problems with Firefox 3.6. Most use that version or the latest one, depending on their IT department ;-)

We could make tests using other versions if that would help, but we'll need some time to setup some VMs for that...

I'll keep you posted.

Cheers
fred

There is a workaround described in the github issue as well, I would recommend trying it out in your testing.

good..this is work

I found a machine here with Firefox 3.6 and tried the HTML5 uploader, with the suggested workaround (modified line 737 in plupload.html5.js) but the uploaded files are still corrupt.

I will now upgrade to 4, 5 & 6 and retry the test.

4.0.1: corrupt files
5.0: corrupt files
6.0: corrupt files
7.0.1: correct files

All tests were made on Windows XP, uploading the 4 sample images present on a default XP installation (blue hills, sunset...).

When using the Flash framework, files are loaded fine in any Firefox version.

HTH
f

@FMauroy, can you post your configuration?

@davit,

The application runs on a Windows 2003 R2 server with .Net 4.0

The clients can be random, ranging from XP to 7, with some using MacOS (we recommend Firefox to them).

Was that what you meant?

Hallo,

we have same problem sending file in Firefox 3.6 - 6 to server. Firefox encode bytes to UTF-8 and send HTTP header Content-Type: application/octet-stream; charset=utf8 . Is in code problem in XMLHttpRequest configuration or is it problem in native implementation in old Firefox versions?

Thanks
Zdenek

To solve the problem with corrupted files and utf8 charset encoding, plupload.html5.js file must be edited.

Line 711

if (typeof(chunkBlob) !== 'string' && fr && features.cantSendBlobInFormData && features.chunks && up.settings.chunk_size) {// Gecko 2,5,6

should be replaced by

if (up.settings.multipart && features.multipart && typeof(chunkBlob) !== 'string' && fr && features.cantSendBlobInFormData && features.chunks && up.settings.chunk_size) {// Gecko 2,5,6

Thanks netcoderpl,

I tried your proposed solution and it worked :-)

Will this modification be inserted into the official plupload distribution?

@FMauroy, no I was meaning - can you post your Plupload configuration.

@netcoderpl, that conditional is getting way too long neutral

This is going into the next bugfix.

Is multiple file uploads working in safari? I'm thinking about switching to safari.

I tried your proposed solution and it worked :-)